Indulge in temptation this 7th of July and celebrate World Chocolate Day with California Walnuts. Add these crunchy and nutrition powerhouses to your desserts, and immerse yourself in sweet nutty delights like never before!
Here are some delectable chocolate desserts that will win your hearts straightaway!
Walnut Crackers with Dehydrated Fruit
1 bar chocolate, 80% pure
2 handfuls chopped California walnuts
50g unsweetened cornflakes
50g dried mango
1. Chop the corn, walnuts, and mango.
2. Chop the chocolate and melt over low heat in the microwave.
3. Once melted, add the rest of the ingredients.
4. Mix everything well until all the ingredients are covered with chocolate.
5. On a baking sheet with baking paper, make small mounds of the mixture.
6. Allow to cool and keep in the refrigerator.
Homemade Nougat with Chocolate and Walnuts
2 chocolate bars
3 slices of rice pancakes
1 handful California walnuts
½ cup walnut butter*
1. Chop the rice pancakes and walnuts.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and add the pancakes and walnuts to the chocolate.
3. Add the walnut butter as well.
4. Place in a rectangular container lined with parchment paper (or in a silicone container) and let solidify in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
*For walnut butter – Preheat the oven to 150°C. Place 2 cups of walnuts on a small baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes; let cool. Transfer to a food processor and process until thick paste forms. Add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and a pinch of salt and process until smooth.
White Chocolate Chip Walnut Pumpkin Cookies
1 + ⅓ cup gluten free flour
⅓ cup softened coconut oil
¾ cup coconut or brown sugar
¾ cup walnuts, chopped
⅓ cup white chocolate chips
¼ cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar, coconut oil vanilla, and pumpkin puree. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, spices, salt, and baking soda.
3. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until a dough forms. Add in your chopped walnuts and white chocolate chips, and mix well.
4. Scoop 2 tablespoons worth onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about 1” apart from one another.
5. Gently flatten the tops. Bake for 10-11 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
7. Keep stored in an air-tight container in a cool place, or refrigerate for 2 weeks. The cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months.